Sunday, April 27, 2008

Little things that mean so much

Isn't it amazing how much we overlook the little things in our life? I was thinking today on my way home from church about something someone did for me that must have seen like such a small thing for her, but it absolutely made my day. If you were to look back on those moments that happen every once in while that seem to brighten your day, I would bet that they usually aren't something life changing. They are just small things that might seem insignificant to others, but mean the world to you.
I have been going through some issues lately that I have never had to go through before. Because of my past, it is rare that a problem comes about that I haven't had some kind of expirience with before. But low and behold, I am going through one right now. I was talking to a girl at my church who is probably the most outgoing, sweet, amzing girl I know. I don't think I have ever met someone so willing to listen to whatever it is I have on my plate and not judge me for it. So anyway, I'm talking to this girl (Emily) and I am venting to her about what I am going through and she stopped me and brought over another one of my friends (John) and she said she wanted to pray for me. Her and John put their hands on my shoulders and just prayed that I could come out a better person because of all this and use it for God's glory.
I was almost brought to tears just because of her willingness to stop everything and PRAY FOR ME. Wow, what a portrait of God's love! After she prayed for me she gave me a hug and told me again that it was all in God's hands. I am convicted to make someone else's day take a 180 degree turn for the better like she did for me. It's really isn't that hard either, a kind word, a listening ear, even something so simple as warm as a smile can brighten someone's day. If you feel God telling you to do something like that, DO IT. It could literally save someones life. I am reminded of one of my favorite songs out right now by John Mayer. The name of it is "SAY". I will leave yall today with the lyrics to the song. I hope that if you are going through something hard right now, these words bring comfort to you. Thanks for reading. God Bless
SCOTTY
Take all of your wasted honor
Every little past frustration
Take all of your so-called problems,
Better put ‘em in quotations

Say what you need to say [x8]

Walking like a one man army
Fighting with the shadows in your head
Living out the same old moment
Knowing you’d be better off instead, If you only could . . .

Say what you need to say [x8]
Have no fear for giving in
Have no fear for giving over
You’d better know that in the end
Its better to say too much
Then never say what you need to say again
Even if your hands are shaking
And your faith is broken
Even as the eyes are closing
Do it with a heart wide open
Say what you need to say [x24]

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Woo Hoo! Welcome to the blog world. I am going to send some people your way. Only rule is never use our names or say the city where we live! :-)

You have a lot to say. Can't wait to read it.